Wednesday, December 24, 2008

staying home and having fun

Today, the kids stayed home. They did not want to go out even though it is pretty warm but very wet/slushy due to some rain and melting of the snow. I think they are having too much fun with each other at home. Well, they won't stay home all day since we have a Christmas Eve get together with some of our friends tonight.

Anyway, we continue our reading from "The blessing of the Lord". This time the story is about God testing Abraham's faith and how Abraham proved faithful. After we read it, to make it fun, we acted it out. With Isaac tied up on the altar, and Abraham about to pierce the knife into Isaac, the angel of God said, "Abraham, Abraham, do not lay a hand on this boy. Do not hurt him in anyway. For now I know you fear God. You have not withheld your son, your only son." J did a splendid job acting this little scene out. She pretended to be the angel of God and W boy pretended to be Isaac and I pretended to be Abraham.

W also learned how to fold a big blanket today. He tried to do it himself but it did not turn out "good". The only problem was it was not smooth and he was very displeased. I was on the message chair so I gave him instruction verbally and very soon his folding was perfect. The main thing was matching the corner and always standing on the short side of the blanket and match up the corners. Once he got it, he went to fold 2 more blankets by himself and was very pleased that he was able to do it just right.

J has also been teaching W a little bit out of her own initiative. Pretending to be teacher is the one thing J love to do. She drew lines and tells W to write the letters. Then she tells W which ones he did a great job. Just like the way I use to do with her. LOL

They also did a lot of free play, wrapped few presents, opened few presents and just spend most of the day "laughing all the way".

Here is pictures of J from this morning. See how mischievous she is? :)

No comments: