Sunday, December 14, 2008

J girl's Christmas performances

Last night, J girl made 2 appearances on stage. One for our church's "Simply Christmas" program where the children sang 3 Christmas songs on stage. J girl was also on a video the church had done asking the kids some questions. The one answer I remember most is J (on the video) saying "Christmas is all about Jesus".

Later in the same night, she also did a 20 sec speech on stage at village theater for their "Christmas in many languages" telling the audience how we celebrate Christmas and wishing everyone in Chinese Merry Christmas. I can honestly say, I might have been more nervous than J girl. And in part to all the jitters I had, I forgot to use the camcorder and tried to use the camera and it did not capture anything. I was so disappointed. But I guess there will be other opportunities.

Anyway, J girl did a fabulous job. Her voice came out loud and clear. Her pace was also just right and thanks to Mrs Jiao's (from Chinese school)training, the hands were in the back so there was no fidgeting. The audience even had a chuckle with what J girl said so it went over very well.


J at Wed. night rehearsal. The actual event, the camera totally could not capture it. :(

J before concert, at the theater. J after the concert.
For a lack of picture, this is the program
guide. See J's part? There were 6 children,all 1st graders who participated in this.

This is J waiting for the "Simply Christmas"at our church to start. She actually wanted to bring her book and actually read it while waiting. I was really surprised. This is the actual performance. The children did a wonderful job.

No comments: