I tried to draw a picture of the story for W boy after I read it. For plants/fruit tree I didn't know, we looked up on the computer to see what they looked like. I was probably a little more interested than W to learn about the different flowers like morning glory, petunia, poppy, sweet william, and snap dragon though W boy like it too (scroll down on the page to see different varieties).
I definitely want to plant some of these flowers next year. They are so beautiful!! We had a discussion that some plants are annual while others are perennial and what those words meant. We also looked at pictures of apricot, peach, cherry, olive and fig tree. I especially like the olive tree (more pics).
Later, W boy wanted to make a gingerbread man for the ginger bread house he made last night. So I gave him some dough, and he ended up making transformers, playing Star Wars, and power rangers using dough.
When it comes to creative play, W boy can entertain himself for a long time like a few hours all by himself. All he asks is that I'm near him. People have often remarked that W boy seems to have a wonderful imagination. A gift of the childhood and one I hope he will have for a long time.
+002.jpg)
+003.jpg)
W boy is getting better with the rolling pin and with using the mold. Here he tries to make the gingerbread man.
+008.jpg)
+012.jpg)
+011.jpg)
W boy is giving his snake some eyes and mouth. The 2nd picture is his version of Obi-Wan and the 3rd picture is his transformer. He is using the toothpick to hold his creation up.
No comments:
Post a Comment