Friday, June 12, 2009

tate's chocolate chip cookies

We made Tate's chocolate chip cookies. The recipe came from GOOP newsletter.

Both kids helped. They took turns measuring and pouring (oh, let's not forget tasting!). We didn't make it quite right. But it still tastes great ; the kids both had 2+ pieces and they are large, albeit thin cookies. I'm not sure how they have such good appetite.

As for me, the chocolate is too sweet. Next time, I will cut the chocolate in half and perhaps use a different kind of chocolate. We used some almond extract in place of vanilla extract and I really liked that though Prime didn't like the smell of the vanilla extract in the bottle but hey, he ate and ate and wanted more.

J and Prime are both staring at the oven. As time went on, Prime yells, they are getting fat! :)

Fresh hot out of the oven, and the kids can't wait. Careful, is still hot!


I told the kids to give a thumb up if they think it taste good and both kids gave it a thumbs up.

We have yet to try to make J's barbie cake as I still need to get some supplies. Maybe we'll try it next week. Right now, every chance the kids get, they go and play with the dollhouse.

Next week, our weekly theme will be outdoor fun.

No comments: