Thursday, June 18, 2009

In lieu of going to the playground

In lieu of going to the playground last night, the kids practiced tennis by our garage with daddy and then after getting permission to play with the water hose, eyes sparkled so bright and so excited. They came home soaking wet and happy. Priceless.




Prime surprised me when he came home and wrote this all by himself. I didn't think he knew how to spell some of the words. Interesting he wrote today as "to-Day". :) He can be often found writing and drawing and even playing with lots of concentration. Maybe that is a result of a lot time spend playing or just his particular personality? I'm not quite sure. But it pays sometimes to be a 2nd child so that mama can be more experienced and more well read. ;)
__________________________________________________________________

Today, we went to walk along the trails. This is becoming one of our favorite places to observe nature and play outdoors. Children's garden is also here along with other numerous trails. The kids do need some endurance training, however, as do I. But today, maybe because I took my vitamins, I felt fine.


Seeing a white Huron or egret fly was pretty cool. Here are much better pictures than I could ever take. Hopping along the stumps and discovering a tent made with sticks.

We really got to watch the geese while taking a snack break.

Ginko! I love the fan shape of ginko leaves. Daddy wants to plant ginko and get some ginko nuts to cook. Reminds me of China. Checking out the sundial. The kids were more intersted in butterfly than the sundial.

Family of geese, Family of snails (daddy think the one fell off thus creating a gap)
I really wanted to touch that bumble bee but still felt little unsure. And I didn't want to ask Prime to do as I think he would if I asked him to; I didn't want to risk him getting stung. But it seemed pretty mellow..maybe next time. It look really soft and cute.

2 comments:

Toni said...

what a great park , those are some great pictures of the geese they are so fun to watch and the babies are cute too.
What a cool tent:-)

Lisa said...

Hmmmm, hard for me to tell if the bee is a bumble or carpenter bee. Make sure the bee has a very fuzzy abdomen; carpenters have a smooth leather look to them. Bumbles are very doctile creatures and don't even flinch when we pet them. They keep on with their business.

I know you can do it D! After doing this, you'll walk away feeling a sense of peace about them.

Lisa :)