Monday, June 8, 2009

a surprise discovery on our morning walk

On our morning walk today, we discovered something that will not soon be forgotten, esp not by Prime. But first, share few other pictures from our morning walk.

This is a game we sometimes play on our walk. One person closes their eyes, and is led by another. I was leading J.
Now J is leading Prime. The kids are much better at this game than me. I'm always asking can I open my eyes now? It's hard to trust and just let the children lead me.
Here it is- a toad we think! J was the one who discovered him.

Getting closer and closer. The first touch!


Getting braver and braver until finally Prime holds him.


He is super happy and held him for a long time. Couple times, he jumped away and we got him back. Until finally we put him in bird bath and he slipped away, probably down through the pipes.

It's really for the best as I'm not sure how we will be able to take care of him. But the kids had a lot of fun while we had him. It was just precious.

No comments: