I have no pictures today and considering the kids didn't get up until 10am and Prime had few incidents of nosebleeds, we had a really productive day.
We did quite a bit of cleaning this morning. I rally the kids and we got it presentable together in a decent amount of time. I feel calm returning when the house is in order.
We also did our normal stuff: reading of bible stories and bible. J is making improvements on retelling the stories. Prime has been listening to fairy tales and has been enjoying them. The two favorite currently is Rumpelstitskin and Puss in the Boots. He always manage to find humor in the stories and giggles so much.
J practiced her math. But today I'm happy to say that she actually wanted to do it, again and again. The sand timer must plays a role as the motivating factor. We used double dominoes and she have to do subtraction and put the same answers in the same pile. Finally, she finished before the sand ran out. :)
For lunch, Prime learned to make scramble eggs as that is one his favorite dish.
In the afternoon, J surprised me today by doing a TON (approx: 1 hour) of dance all by herself. I borrowed a dance music CD from the library and she did free dance. She keep saying she was hot, hot but when the next song came on, she was up and dancing again. She uses some of the moves her teacher taught her but also put a lot of her own spin on to it. I felt she was really expressing herself through the music and interpreting what she felt the music was saying to her so it was very nice to see that.
We also tried a Chinese language course called "After School Chinese", borrowed from the library today. It works well for what I'm looking for. Right off the bat, the kids learned to introduce themselves in Chinese- what their names are, how old they are this year, and what they like to do. It has a very realistic clip of what actually happens in Chinese classroom, like when the teacher comes, students would be asked to stand up to greet the teacher and then sit down. only when the teacher gives permission. Also, the kids how to introduce others (like your mom to your classmates/friends and vice versa) when they are in a non-classroom setting. The kids liked it very much, esp Prime. I can see he really wanted to learn and absorb the info. It came as no surprise that J wanted to be the teacher and have Prime and I be the students. :)
Later, we even managed to make it to the splash park and the kids had fun there too.
3 comments:
sounds like a great day.
you can get silkworms from a company called Insect Lore, if you goggle them you should get a link to the website. I have gotten great catalogs form them and they have every bug you could wnat silkwroms included:-)
Thanks Toni!! That is a fabulous website. Now do you know where to get fresh white mulberry leaves? :)
Post a Comment