Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Building the Right way (Matthew 7)

This morning, we read the story Jesus told about building on a solid foundation. There were 2 men, one build his house on solid ground while the other built his house on dried-up bed of a stream because it looked pretty. When winter came, the 2nd house collapsed because of the roaring torrent while the 1st house stayed intact because the rock that lay beneath held it form.

Jesus tells his disciples, "Be wise. Build your lives on the teaching I have given you. If you obey what I have said you will be like the wise builder who build on rock foundation. Nothing that can can happen will shake you. You will stand firm."

"But if you take no notice of what I say and live your lives your own way doing as you think best, you will be like teh stupid builder. He did not other to find a sage foundation and his fine house fell in ruins. Your life will go to pieces when trouble and difficulties come, if it has no solid foundation. Build your lives wisely by obeying my teaching and doing as I say." (This is copied from The Children's Bible in 365 stories)

After we read that story, J wanted to act it out and see if it is true. So Prime and her did just that.

J dug a ditch in the sand, signifying the house that is build in the dried up bed of stream and with no solid foundation.

J building her house in the sand.

I had Prime build his house on a brick to signify a "solid foundation".

After J was done, I poured water over J's house. Indeed, it fell apart.

I did the same thing with Prime's house. Indeed, it stood intact. :)

No comments: