Monday, June 29, 2009

O.P- Making ice cream in a baggie

J made ice cream in a baggie at the organized playground (O.P.) program today. I was honestly a little surprised that it worked well, esp. since it did turn from total liquid to ice cream like texture.

Prime says, "mmm....it is SO yummy!" while J says, " Good, tastes little like coffee." ( I think that may have been a little too much vanilla extract) :)

To make the ice cream in a bag, add some milk, vanilla extract, 2 packets of sugar into a zip lock bag. Then in another larger zip lock bag, put some ice and rock salt, and put your smaller bag into the large bag. Then, just wait until your mixture changes into ice cream.

I'm no expert at this so we did a little research on the why's. For a more measured recipe and a little chemistry, click here for more info.


J says it was so cold so she had to squish it around in her mouth.

Prime was busy rock climbing while J was making her ice cream in a baggie. Jumping on the inflatable is always fun.

2 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Making ice cream in a bag sounds like such a fun summertime activity. It sounds like a nice, simple recipe. I want to try this.

Toni said...

the girls have done this at camp before and say its pretty good, after I saw pictures of where they put the bags to squish thme thoguh I don;t think I owuld of tried it,lol..

You can make it in a coffe can too just rollit over the floor back and forth that was pretty good.