Thursday, June 25, 2009

fun in the basement

Today is the first day we went to our community organized playground event. It will go through most of the summer and great way for the kids to meet some local kids. The only charge is a nominal fee for the arts/craft materials for the whole summer so you really can't beat that. I'm grateful to live in nice community.

I was actually really tired and told the kids to give me just 5 minutes but got woken up 20 minutes later and even though I really want to sleep more but since it was already past the start time, I decided to get up and send the kids. After a short drive there (and getting little lost), I watched them for a few minutes as they played dodge ball and ready to switch to kickball. Just as I got home to enjoy some quite time by myself, my phone rang and was told to come get the kids due to pending thunderstorm. It's a good thing we didn't go to the swimming pool as we normally do because they would be shut down. Hopefully, we can go swim with daddy tonight. Anyway, we did stop by another playground on the way to home and the kids had fun playing tag (always a favorite game) before the rain really got started.

As it was pretty hot, we went down to the basement. It turned out that was a good idea because the place really needed some cleaning after we had company in the basement over the weekend. But the kids also had fun.

This is J's favorite. She is the only who LOVES to spin super fast. I get way too dizzy as does Prime. (from IKEA)

Prime trying to twist the the net swing for another go.

HI, baby! (he is on the swing in case you can't tell)

Holding on and working out. The kids always see who can hold the longest.

Prime is my little monkey. He does this easily and can hang longer than J. I put a mattress on the bottom so he can flip and come down.

A little pool action. The kids use this more than the adults. Usually they just push the ball with hands, but today I showed them how it's done. Prime did really well after some initial resistance.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks like so much fun!