Today, as we normally do on Sundays drove to church, only to find out it was canceled. A friend actually called us but dh didn't see it on his cell phone until later and learned the church service was canceled because the school will not allow our church to use their facility this weekend due to you know what!
So with the extra time on hand, I finally got a chance to get my eyeliner and a new tube of lipstick. :) I also got convinced to purchase this kit for my nails. I must have been in a mood to splurg. The lady made my nails shine so much I couldn't believe it and all without chemicals and she says it will keep for 2 weeks. So that was a really nice treat for myself and also because I liked her. She wasn't pushy but she is definitely an excellent saleswoman. She is from Israel and her accent is pretty. She even convinced me to get few extra kits for my friends which is good because I will be visiting my friend later this month and I don't want to go empty handed. In China, whenever you visit someone, it is always customary to bring a gift, usually edibles like fruits.
Our small group is also canceled tonight so I don't feel this mad rush to clean up my house. I'm still going to clean but its not as urgent. I even got to knit a little bit while listening to a waldorf teacher who owns a shop called "A little Garden Flower" . Her voice is so soothing and I enjoyed listening to what she had to say. Most of it I know but its really good to be reminded about it.
J didn't sleep well last night so she is taking a very needed nap while Prime and daddy are outside digging and getting the soil ready for some planting. Oh, how cute they look... hard at work.
Okay, I'm going to have some tea and then clean up the house. I'm enjoying this day of nothing. I need more days like this just to chill. :)
Hope you all had wonderful day!
9 comments:
A day of nothing is wonderful, isn't it?
I had to laugh when you mentioned the waldorf teacher who owns A Little Garden Flower. She (Melisa) is my best friend and lives just a mile from us. She is a lovely person and definitely an inspriation in so many ways. :)
Um, that should say "inspiration" not "inspriation" LOL!!!!
Your chill day sounds perfect. I hope J is feeling ok.
no kidding. I was wondering what her name is. :) That is too funny. You lucky girl.
lol Kevin got me the same nail kit. I knew when you said the sales lady was from Isreal. They were selling them @ the mall near us too. :) They really do work quite well.
Yes, that's funny. I'll have to make sure she sees this post of yours!!!!!!
A perfect day to do nothing!
Have a great week!
Jenjen
www.GottaLoveMom.com
Too funny... my children don't think my voice is too soothing... well maybe the littlest one - the big ones used to... back before they were old enough to do chores! lol. Now they can't believe that people pay to listen to me talk - my son once told me that if he had money he'd pay me not to talk. haha. Of course he claimed to be kidding.
Sounds like you had a wonderful day of relaxing! Many blessings to you.
I love having those unexpected "days of nothing".
Post a Comment