Saturday, May 2, 2009

Unexpected fun

J woke up this morning and made a little person with a cape using wool stuffing. Then she skipped off to make a needle felted girl. For a while, she was afraid the needle might hurt her but this morning she was feeling brave for some reason.


There she goes, making her little person. She says she is going to give it away.


Here is the finished product. Then I decided to glue it to a piece of paper, protect it with saran wrap and make a Popsicle stick frame. J found a magnet that came off so we glued it to the back and now it is on our fridge.

Later, J went outside and had a little building fun... another unexpected fun. She is going to write and share more pictures about that on her blog. I really like the flowering crab apple tree. It will be ever prettier in a week when the flowers bloom.


Then, as we had planned, we can finally do some digging and prepare the soil for some planting. J was super excited about it and couldn't wait to dig.


Prime already tired out after only a little digging. He came back after a little while only to be lured out again by J with the promise of sharper shovel. So, he is sharpening his shovel.


I think they are playing more than digging. J says they are like the family who pulls up the turnip. :-) Prime finally doing some pulling and real work. It is not easy work; good thing we have daddy. :)

Later, their friend A, came out unexpectedly, and the kids had fun jumping on the trampoline. Our Mexican primrose is really blooming... so pretty... I love the light pink.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Great job, J! She turned out really cute.

I love needlefelting, but I don't love poking myself with the needle, lol. :)

Lisa said...

Such a beautiful job! She is so bright and colorful. I have the girls use a chopstick to hold down the wool while they stab with the needle. It works great.

They do look like the family pulling the turnip, lol.

What a fun day!

Tan Family said...

Beautiful felting! I love the primroses...

dawn klinge said...

J did a great job on the little needle felted girl. And I love Prime's boots. My son has those boots but they're too small now. I think I'm going to put some drainage holes in the bottom and use them as flower planters.

Joy said...

J did a great job with that needle-felted girl! Way to go, J!

Palmer and Co said...

Oh, that doll is so cute!! How creative!! Super cute photos!!