Sunday, May 3, 2009

my practice knit and fun paper toys

Here is my practice knit.... it has so many mistakes I finally decided to call it quits and plan to start another one. Though I'm sure I'm going to run into the same problems as I have no idea how to correct my mistakes. Another problem I have is with the needles. I have plastic, metal and bamboo and none of them works right. With the particular yarn (cotton/acrylic blend) I have (per the supply list), I think plastic actually works fine, but the one I have are too long. I'll have to hunt for a shorter one next time I go to class. Anyone has any suggestions or advice??? I sure could use some. It's suppose to be a mesh knit washcloths.




First I turned my practice knit into J's headband. Then J wanted to use it as eye mask. It's all hers now.

The kids had fun with the printed "panda palace" sheet from The Toy maker. They have other free paper toy maker too.


That is Jojo, a boy panda whom Prime just adores. He cut many Jojo. J constructed the panda house and Prime is coloring Panda house. See how Prime holds his pencils? I hope he outgrows this at some point in time. We also tried the penny butterfly.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I love The Toy Maker. I love the knit headband on J, she is sooooo cute (as is Prime). Looks to me like you are doing a great job knitting. Much better than I would do.

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

You and your children are always doing such lovely crafts. I think the headband looks cute. And the butterfly is cool.

outdoor.mom said...

don't worry, your knit looks WAY better than mine. i also have a crochet granny squares that started as baby blankets for my first 3 kids. They are ALL unfinished in thier respective baby boxes!

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

Very talented!
You're such a great mom taking time to have fun with your kids!
Have a great week and thanks for visiting.

Keep smiling =D
Jenjen
www.GottaLoveMom.com

Tan Family said...

Keep your precious "practice knitting"! You will never knit again like that. Your first pieces are always so unique. I love the headband.