Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Books Prime and J are reading

Prime is still loving his Franklin books.

1. Franklin's music lesson
2. Franklin and the Duckling
3. Franklin's Surprise
4. Franklin the Detective
5. Franklin Stays Up

He also borrowed,
1. Bunnies and Their Hobbies by Nancy Carlson (He learned the word "hobby")
2. Aunt Eater Loves a Mystery by Doug Cushman

Both the kid really liked
1. Comet's Nine Lives by Jan Brett
2. Rapunzel by Jacob and Wilhem Grimm
* J has been enjoying some of the Grimm's fairy tales. She likes the fairytale book with pictures.
3. The Seven Silly Eaters by Mary Ann Hoberman


J's favorite books are still from Classic Starts. She is currently reading "Heidi".

She got more Grimm's fairy tales yesterday after liking Rapunzel but didn't like them any of them except : Fairy Tales of the Brothers GRIMM adapted by David Wenzel, Douglas Wheeler (Little Snow White; The Three Sluggards and The Shoemaker & the Elves) by Brothers Grimm * She really liked this one*

* I also borrowed for them to try,
1. Fables by Arnold Lobel (The Caldecott Metal). I don't think they are ready for most of them. They certainly didn't understand the "lesson" in these stories and even though I found quite a few of the ones funny, the kids didn't really understand the few I thought was funny nor did they think it was funny.

2. Thorton Burgess Animal Stories (

No comments: