Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Enki song and craft

Today is a beautiful day so the kids headed out after breakfast. First they played soccer (Prime loves his soccer class and always can't wait to go back for his next class), then the kids said they are hunting for birds. We filled our bird house with seeds and they went out again. They also made a bird nest using grass yesterday. :)

Then as I was cleaning up, I hear the kids first making bird sounds, then they were singing one of our circle songs. We haven't done our circle for some time so I was little surprised when they sang this Enki 1st grade song. It has a fun movement to go along but you will need at least 3 people to do it.

Anyway, share a clip...


J also tells me she petted a robin this morning. She said the robin wasn't scared of her. So she petted it from "head to body, then the robing started walking away and then flew away. " Lucky girl.

I also tried to make an Enki 1st grade doll yesterday. This is like my teaching prep work. It didn't turn out exactly right, as my yarn is different but I get the idea of how to make one. I also didn't do the 2nd part which is to make a cape for the doll but I think we are good for now. J says when she is done with playing (dolls and panda castle, etc, etc) and eating, she will make one. So I'm not exactly sure when that will be. In the mean time, share few pictures of the one I made.

J is really loving her and carries her around the whole time (for now).

3 comments:

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

What a treat to hear your children sing. Thank you for sharing :) They are precious. I can't imagine what it must have been like to pet a Robin. J is so blessed. I would have totally freaked. I love birds.

dongdong said...

Thanks, Molly. You are so sweet.

Lisa said...

How sweet their singing is, and petting a robin, wow! I'm so glad you looked up that wasp....they can look so much like bees. I'm going to look up the one you found.