Saturday, May 2, 2009

Books we read

I almost forgot to record the books we read. Anyway,

J loved reading

1. Little Princess (classic starts)
2. Tom Sawyer (classic starts)

Thanks Lisa! These are the best! We love them.

We also enjoyed reading,

1. Rookie Read-about Science series
a. Vegetables, Vegetables;
b. Giant Pandas: Gifts from China
c. Busy, Buzzy Bees
2. Children Just like Me
3. My first pocket Guide Backyard Wilderness
4. The Usborne First Encyclopedia of Space
5. The Rainbabies by Laura K. Melmed
(and some other children's books on gardening that I returned before writing the titles down- but we enjoyed those as well)

We also watched Little Travelers- British Isles. The kids really liked this video so we are planning to watch more. I believer there are 2 more videos in this series.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you tried out the classic starts. We love those books. Such a great introduction to really good literature.

Joy said...

We like those classic starts as well. :)