
I'm participating in book sharing Mondays. For my book sharing this week, I want to share one of J's favorite books of all time. I apologize for not having a picture to share with you, but there is a picture of the cover on amazon.
The Lemonade Club by Patrica Polacco.
J says she like this book because it is about best friends helping each other.
Summary from Amazon in case you you'd like to know.
"Everyone loves Miss Wichelman’s fifth-grade class—especially best friends Traci and Marilyn. That’s where they learn that when life hands you lemons, make lemonade! They are having a great year until Traci begins to notice some changes in Marilyn. She’s losing weight, and seems tired all the time. She has leukemia—and a tough road of chemotherapy ahead. It is not only Traci and Miss Wichelman who stand up for her, but in a surprising and unexpected turn, the whole fifth-grade class, who figures out a way to say we’re with you. In true Polacco fashion, this book turns lemons into lemonade and celebrates amazing life itself. "
3 comments:
I love Patricia Pollaco books, but I haven't seen this one. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to look for it.
We love Patricia Pollaco books, we did a whole month of reading her books last year!
Hello!
I am not sure if you are still interested in participating in Book Sharing Monday, but you are in my list of participants so I would like to let you kow that I have added a Mr. Linky for all our Book Sharing Monday posts. This tool will be available as of next Monday, May 3.
If you post a book sharing post, please take a minute to stop by my post on monday and share your link!
Thank you!
Post a Comment