W doing his presentation on his zoober zots creations at CC. Every week, the children come up in front of their peers and give a little presentation. Sometimes, it is free choice and other times it is on a topic they have learned at CC. Parents always have the final say when it comes to presentation topic. W says he was nervous but watching him, I couldn't tell. :)
+004.jpg)
While in science all the children (divided into different classes based on age/ability, teaching method is also adapted for the different age groups) examined rocks/minerals. Previously, the children had memorized the 3 types of rocks - igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary for their science fact.
Last week they made the different layers of earth out of play dough. I showed that to my Sunday class students and the children were amazed, esp. the boys who made their own variation and just had a ball.
The black/white test slates was to see the hardness of the rocks and what color of a line the rock will make on the test slates. A really good analogy for rock/minerals that was given in class was rocks are like salad while minerals are like lettuce and tomato because rocks can be made from minerals but not vice versa.In music/art, it was listening to Chopin and painting how it made them feel. Lots of learning all around. For those who may not know, we incorporate Classical education with Waldorf /Enki education along with whatever ideas that work for us. I would say though Waldorf education is so different from anything I have seen and certainly from my own education experience that I have really had to study it and am just fascinated by it.
1 comment:
I am always impressed by the variety and richness in the stuff that you do! =) I'm going to remember that about the rocks and minerals- how cool!
Post a Comment