I had planned to wait to start our Spanish lessons until the fall with Easy Spanish, but came upon another children's Spanish program that we just love.
As the title tells you, it is Collins Spanish Club by Rosi McNab and Ruth Sharp. We love the songs very much (really upbeat and fun songs) and has been listening to it whenever we get a chance. Just getting our ears use to hearing Spanish is very cool/challenging experience. I love it as much my kids. :)
In addition to the CD, there are also stickers, activities, puzzles, games so it can be very interactive for the children. There are also tips on pronunciation/ simple grammar (i.e mas/feminine) in the book for parents . I got my copy at the library but am going to be buying my own copy. It is very inexpensive, less than $13 each book. I think so far there are only 2 books.
Contents in book 1 includes
At the zoo
How many
Coloring in
My appearance
Happy Birthday
What time is it
From Head to Toe
My Clothes
My bedroom
My things
Summary
(also includes the alphabet song, wow, that one is a challenge!)
Highly recommended.
P.S. Milliken Publishing Co publishes a series called Our Global Village. The have a lot of country to choose from and would be good to use for a cultural study on Mexico or Spain. I have a few countries in the series and plan to do a unit study on the different cultures in the fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment