So I thought I'd share a little of our day.
J recalled an Enki 1st grade story to me before breakfast prior to W waking up. Both kids are pretty good at recalling and does it pretty easily. J tends to tell me the whole story. After breakfast, we sang a few of Enki 1st grade spring songs and then did Sing Song yoga. This is the first time I did it with the kids. It was nice getting some stretches. Being that it spring (though it doesn't feel like it today), we read Princess Spring from Enki K nature story collection. The kids also took turns reading the story. I think every year we read it, we understand the descriptions a little better.
Then it was time for a snack break. While the kids ate, I read them Enki math story Grandfather's family(fact family). This is mainly for W as he hasn't heard it , but it is good for J to hear it again.
After that, the kids started doing form drawings from Enki 1st grade. The kids really enjoys doing the form drawing for the most part. Sometimes, W have a little frustration over how his forms look. But with a little imagination (i.e (me) what does the shape look like? Looks like lobster claws to me. (W) looks like scissor to me), he is doing really well.
Then while I tend to the laundry and leave them be, they wrap up form drawing and move to free drawing. My kids love to draw, esp. W. But J is not far behind either.
Then we ate lunch and the kids are playing. Later, we are going to go to the library and then to playground for the afternoon. J also have dance class in the afternoon. She is loving to dance now.
This is J's work from yesterday. She used Lyra fantasy stencils and painted it with watercolor pencils.
No comments:
Post a Comment