+009.jpg)
+012.jpg)
Then we tried to dye our eggs naturally. Here J and W are mincing spinach leaves to prepare the green dye. We also used turmeric for yellow and berries for purple.
+007.jpg)
See how the eggs we blew out is floating on top? The one not blown out sink right to the bottom. After we boiled the egg in the dye (little vinegar + water+ dye of your choice), we also left them overnight in the refrigerator to darken the color. It was a little time consuming as each color had to be made separately.
The ones to the left is suppose to be yellow, and the one on the right was the one dyed in the green spinach leaves. I touched the egg before it was totally dry and the purple dye came off a bit. We will try some other colors (like dying eggs in tea leaves for some brown eggs) next year. In China, people love to eat tea flavored eggs. I also want to try dying it with beet as I remember in China, the red eggs are gorgeous and used in weddings.I just saw this great tutorial for natural egg dyeing...wish I had seen it before I experimented
http://familyfun.go.com/easter/easter-crafts/easter-egg-decorating/natural-egg-dyes-668314/
This is for botanical eggs... so pretty!
http://www.marthastewart.com/article/botanical-eggs?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/decorating-for-easter#slide_28
More egg fun ideas to try
http://familyfun.go.com/easter/easter-crafts/easter-egg-decorating/egg-dyeing-rubber-bands-technique-668372/
No comments:
Post a Comment