I just realized I haven't really been posting some of our favorite books.
So here are some of our favorite picture books:
1. Henry and Mudge and the Wild Wind by Cynthia Rylant (about overcoming fear of the thunderstorm with imagination)
2. A Mirror to Nature (poems about reflections; beautiful nature photos) by Jane Yolen
- I personally love the Spoonbill Haiku poem
(The Princess of birds.
Her only competition
Is her reflection.)
3. Matthew's Dreams by Leo Lionni ( we love all the Lionni's books)
4. Brambly Hedge The High Hills by Jill Barklem (W loved this one)
5. Ming Lo Moves the Mountain by Arnold Lobel (We might not change our circumstances but we can change ourselves; kind of remind me the book Who moved my cheese)
6. Ben Franklin and the Magic Squares (great book on B.F and a little math thrown in)- both kids really loved this one.
7. The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoe by Du Bose Heyward (W really liked this one)
- Easter book; Jen of Ancient Hearth did a wonderful review of the book
8. Shiela Rae, The Brave by Kevin Henkes (About a very brave little mouse who got scared when she was lost)
9. Share the Sky by Ting-xing Ye (This book reminds me of when I first came to America and making kites with my dad in China)
10. I lost my kisses by Trudie Trewin (really cute book)
1 comment:
Love this list of books! How fun :D Thanks for linking my blog, too. I love the how the whole blogging community can connect and share such fun finds and activities. Happy Spring!
Jen
Post a Comment