Monday, July 20, 2009

shadow puppet of THE WATER WITCH

The Water Witch (from Enki education)

Wind, wind blow again,
Roll the wild waters in,
Waves that wash the sandy shore,
Please bring the wonderous fish once more.

For creative digestion, we tried our hand at shadow puppet. J made the puppets with paper and glued on Popsicle stick. Prime and her are holding the shadow puppet in the back as I say the verse. Then we switched roles. As with anything that they can actively participate in, the kids are in.

Prime came up with the idea of bending the fish at the tail so it can move and that actually worked well.

We used tracing paper to cover one side of a big box. J and I measure the length and the width of the box (she didn't know at first know what length/width was) and calculated how many pieces of tracing paper was needed. Their shadow puppet is very similar to what they drew in their good books.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Very neat. I would love to do this with the girls.

Lisa ;)