Monday, July 6, 2009

Look who's turning 7?

Today is J is officially 7! I let her decide how she wants to spend the day. She actually just wanted to play at home and do her normal thing including attending a book discussion at the library. She did request some Timbits from Tim Hortons for breakfast.

A surprise of the day is a trip to Chuckie Cheese which is always a favorite of my kids. I had coupon for 20 free tokens so why not?

J's getting fancy. Instead of sitting next to Chuckie, she sits on the car. Is that a 7 years old thing?

The kids got cotton candy using their tickets.

J chilling out and doing a little building.

A surprise for mommy came in the mail- a box full of of a different variety of books courtesy of an old friend. Thanks, E! J loved these little blank notebooks so I gave them to her and guess what she immediately did? She colored a little bit (said the crayon didn't work well on the cover) and wrote down lyrics to like 5 or 6 Enki songs. She says she is trying not to forget them. I was moved. I thought the pretty cover was going to inspire her to do some flower drawing or something but guess that's not what she had in mind. Daddy says that's her "memory system". ;)

A birthday sundae. She'll have her cake and a little party on Sat. The plan is she will host her own party as on her hand made invitation, it says, "hosted by J". (kid you not.)

Happy Birthday, my sunshine! You are such a delight and just a sweet, sweet girl. Love you lots, mommy.

4 comments:

The Free Gift said...

Mommy went all out for J's special day. This day is well deserved for J. Daddy loves you very much too.

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, J!

Toni said...

Happy Birthday, they grow up so fast:-) We do Chuck E Cheese too, the kids love it and honestly I don;t mind it either. That is one yummy looking sundae. Enjoy the party.

Lisa said...

Happy 7th J!!! What a sweet day!

Lisa ;)