Lisa from Goose and Binky passed this along to me, so here goes mine.1. I was born in China and came to the US when I was 10. I have a hard time finding my identity and my circle of friends. Up until 5 years ago, my good friends were all Asian American who have similar backgrounds as me. There is also a lot of nuances in the Chinese circle but that's another story. Now, my very best friend is a Caucasian and she is the sweetest friend in the world. She even gave me a 5 year friend anniversary gift! I even have a few good friends who are black and even one Indian friend. I feel God is really stretching me in this area continuously because otherwise He knows I would just stay in my shell.
2. Just yesterday, a family member asked me how long I plan to homeschool? And I said I don't really know for sure. He made a comment and said it will probably only be 2-3 years. His concern was that parents can't be good in every subject area esp. subjects like chemistry, biology, etc. So I explained a little bit about the many opportunities out there for homeschoolers. And I thought to myself, well, even though I can't say for sure, my hope is to homeschool my kids through high school. So maybe that's what I should tell people next time. Whether that will happen is a different story.
3. My hubby is the best in the world. He is supportive in everything I do and lets me do whatever I want. On days I don't want to cook , he'll cook or pick up food. And on weekends, he usually does most if not all of the cooking. Some of our friends think he is the cook in the house! I have some back problems, so on most days, he gives me a back massage and it really helps.
4. I am suppose to take vitamins every day because of a condition I have that cannot change fat into energy so I feel tired a lot of times and yet I still hate to take the vitamin. It smells awful and it is such pain to take the vitamins out of each bottle. So recently, my hubby got me one of those weekly vitamin boxes and he fills the vitamins for me every week. But I still don't take it everyday. I know I need to be more disciplined in this area.
5. I admire people who are really talented in making their house beautiful and esp. women who do home improvement project themselves.
6. I have a love and hate relationship with blogging. I love to do it but find I love it too much and spend too much time in blog world. I love to read what other homeschooling children are doing (activities, what curriculum, the how and the whys, the more detailed the better). My kids say, mommy you are always blogging! And I say, okay, give me 1 more minute.
7. Lastly, I didn't think I would know what to share, but as I started typing, words just came.
I would love see Julie from A celebration of our journey and Harvest Moon from Along the crooked path do this if they like to.


4 comments:
I'll play along!! I'll be back!!
Loved getting to know more about you!
I have heard the same blogging comment from my girls. It sure can be an addiction!
Lisa :)
I'll play too, just not today! :) But by early next week, I promise I'll post an honest scrap too!
:)
It's been so much fun reading these Honest Scraps that so many are doing. Thank you for sharing...I loved learning more about you. We have so much in common.
Post a Comment