Sunday, July 19, 2009

"mommy time"- focusing on Enki guides

Just checking in-

I have been doing some intensive "Enki Homeschool teaching guide" reading. I find it very nourishing. It is like a good friend, who is helping me along. This is my 2nd time reading, but in many ways I feel I'm rediscovering the core of Enki.

I really needed this time to just focus. I read, I sleep, and I read some more letting my body be the guide as I have been feeling just physically very tired.

The kids are having a ball playing with themselves but they come in often for some mommy hugs. I'm amazed how well they entertain themselves. I must have more "mommy time" more often. They have been playing a lot with their beanies babies on the picnic table daddy built for them out on the deck and running through the sprinklers in 60 degree weather and whatever else J hatches up.

Of course, having some new fabulous chalk doesn't hurt either. They are from
Little Flower Garden. The kids loves them.

1 comment:

Toni said...

I have been reading through this resource as well. sounds like a great method, very relaxed and free flowing. Almost liek Charlotte Masons approach. Its funny how all the methods actually are similar in a lot of ways. I quess what it comes to is most homeschoolers want a great educaton for thier kids that is not squeezed in a box, but is full of life and learning.

enjoy your mommy time it sounds like a great time.