J and Prime were watching Chinese cartoons and they watched "The Ugly Duckling". When the ugly duckling was being made fun of, chased, abused, I saw tear in Prime's eye. This morning we were talking about compassion, J says she cried too when she watched "The Ugly Duckling" too. So even though they only understand some Chinese, they can see what is happening and felt sad that the ugly duckling was treated so badly.
I think this is the first time they watched something and had tears.
4 comments:
how sweet , they where so moved by the story. the basic idea of mistreating someone because of how you look is mean, is a universal understanding in any language. Your son is going to be a great young man someday for him to feel that concept so deeply.
What a sweet sweet child. Compassion is a wonderful gift. And hard to come by in our hardened world.
The Ugly Duckling is a sad story. My kids were both taken aback by the way the other ducklings treated this one duckling. How sweet to see your son so moved. Compassion is something I see more and more of in this new generation.
Awwww... that is so compassionate indeed! I love how the message transcends language like that.
Post a Comment