Sunday, June 6, 2010

weekend

This weekend was pretty low key for us. I wasn't feeling well, so we skipped out on social engagements and just chilled at home.

J/W put on their annual summer performance for daddy and I. This year it was a re-enactment of Solomon from the Bible. I'm not sure how she chooses what kind of show to put, but perhaps this is what spoke to her most deeply this year. The funniest part was when W had to act like the 2 mothers, one who is the real mother of the child in question while the other is not. Solomon, who asked God for wisdom, was the king/judge who He plays a pretty convincing role switching between different colored silk head covering for the two different woman.

Last year it was Moses and the Red Sea. J says every year she will put on a show together with W. This year she even had the specific date planned out. I am not sure where she gets the ideas but it was delightful that they want to put the show on. Prior to the show, there was a lot preparation. The best part is they want to practice, or at least knows they need to practice. :) Perhaps I'll try to save some funds to send them for some theater/acting exposure next year. I looked this year too, but found it expensive.

Another highlight for us this weekend was that W scored over 100 on one of his games at the bowling alley. 104 to be exact so great job, my little boy! J was little off today. Maybe it is because she had a pretty serious nosebleed earlier in the day. But she says she had scored over 100 just few days ago. Okay, guess I didn't know about that.



No comments: