Today was a great day for us, or maybe for me. I got to finish some household chores in the morning, which felt great because I really do feel calmer when the house is in order. Then our friends came over to for a play date since it was too cool to go the splash park. We had some really great conversation and I learned quite a few things from my friend. I probably need adult conversation more than I realize, esp. face to face conversation. My friend showed me how to knit continental... much less fatigue, it seems to me. Next time, she says she will show me how to knit the rounds. Thank God for good friends.
The kids also had fun and they entertained themselves well. The best part was when our little friend didn't want to leave... always good sign that the kids played well and had fun.
Then after a brief play of Connect 4, we went to meet some other friends for bowling and that is always fun.
Later, we went to the library to pick up few holds that has been holding for quite some time and to the park to relax a little.
Now the kids are having some quite time for themselves, with J reading, and W playing with some beeswax creation. He says, "What's the point of making them if you don't play with them?"
The most amazing thing about today is I didn't raise my voice at the kids, not even once. That is something I have really been trying to work on. The vitamins must have been helping as I feel my energy level has been pretty stable. The days goes so much better when I don't feel drained much of the day.
Thank you, Lord for a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment