Sunday, May 16, 2010

weekend

This weekend, we went to camp M's open house. Like last year, the kid's enjoyed the Fly Trap. One of the staff tried it and said, " Wow! It is harder than it looks." This time, J was noticeably less afraid and went all the way to the top. The kids also tried hitting some real golf balls- 1st time for both of the kids. They also tried rock climbing. This year, they let W try. Last year, he was too light and too short. W was a very determined climber. He held on for very long and was upset he couldn't go all the way up. He wore the wrong kind of shoe so it made it extra tough.

Later, daddy took them to a house party. The hosts are missionaries who just came back Uganda. They have 5 adorable children. Daddy said J/W had a lot of fun. The food they brought back was certainly delicious, homemade pizza from their secret recipe plus lots of cookies and brownie. I didn't go as I am still trying to catch up on my sleep from the jet lag. I know, it takes a while!

Today, J/W played outdoor soccer with local Chinese children for the first time in the season. Good for them to soak in some sun and get a little sweaty. I had a nice conversation with another lady who's more comfortable speaking English. I also talked to a few Chinese ladies. Daddy took the kids biking and it is time for me to finish cleaning the house and make some dinner.





This is where W hung for a long time. He says his arms felt like they fell off after wards. ;)

No comments: