Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Leading at GS

J had the opportunity to lead the "Try-It" at her girl scout group today. She had some butterflies going in but when she came out, she had big smile on her face and said she feel it went very well. Previously, she had asked what kind of day today was going to be; whether it was going to be 1)great 2) pretty good 3) okay. That shows you how concerned she is about leading her girl scout troop and it certainly was a big thing. I said, "great" and it really was such a day.

The weather warmed up considerably and we did school outside today for the first time. Our Sonlight package also came in the mail so very exciting! In the afternoon, we prepped for "Try-It" by gathering all the materials for 13 girls.

J showed the girls the magic of white crayon/candle with watercolor, courtesy of Magic Onion. She also shared how to draw a design learned at Classical Conversation.

Plus, she taught the girls how to finger knit which I think we learned from Enki Education. I know I first heard of it from the Enki Kindergarten package. All of which was very received by the girls. This has been a good experience for J. :)

No comments: