We are taking a break from our school and learning a little bit about China. We started with a little Chinese dance. Prime wasn't really into that while J was quite absorbed. We also listened to some popular children's songs in Chinese via Sing and Learn Chinese. Then we painted pandas using a Chinese calligraphy set. The kids grind their own black ink and tried to hold to their Chinese calligraphy brush properly. We also read quite a few short cute Chinese stories, learned a little bit more about Chinese New Year traditions and listened to a story about kitchen god. Now I know when their paternal grandparents buys candied melon around Chinese New Year. It is so that they can appease the kitchen god and he'll eat so much that it'll glue up his mouth and he can't say anything bad about them to the heavenly emperor. Ha-ha! Then in the spirit of Chinese New Year and because it is really needed, I tidy the house while J dusted and Prime played. :) We also got to meet up and play with our Enki friends in the afternoon. It was a good day.
+010.jpg)
Here is Prime's panda. I think he also enjoyed using the Q-tip. I used the Q-tip to make the light in the panda's eye. I think making snow is more fun.
Here J is panda as well her name in Chinese. See how she holds the brush? It is suppose to be held upright. The key is in the wrist.
+008.jpg)
Here is my demo painting of the panda for the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment