Monday, February 22, 2010

Making yarn balls

As I was knitting yesterday, I ran out of yarn so I started with hubby's help to open another pack of yarn. As hubby was rolling the ball, Prime also came to watch. Soon, he wanted to make his own yarn ball.

Here is his ball that he made mostly by himself. (finishing touches put on by daddy) Oh, how he loves his new "toy". Playing catch, throwing it between his hands, and to the ceiling, kicking it as a soccer ball, sliding it down the slide, etc. He is very happy with it.


Naturally, J wants one too. So, here she is in the process of making her own yarn ball. Daddy taught the kids a few tricks and their ball came out very round and tight and really like a ball. Fabulous impromptue project.

They have both been very protective of their own ball and making it part of their creative play.

No comments: