We recently went on a "Gone Batty" trip at our local park at night. To illustrate the concept of echolocation, we learned to play a bat game which is similar to Marco...Polo. One child is bat, and a few children are moth, while the rest are tree who stand in a circle. The bat says, "Bat", while the moths says, "moth" and at the same time, the trees say "tree". You can see how you have to listen carefully as the bat is trying to catch the moth.
Well, I have always had a hard time of doing physical activity right after breakfast as I'm still trying to wake myself up. But today, we played this game after a walk around the neighborhood and all the excitement sure woke me up. :) And the kids of course had a ball. When I was being the bat, I realized it was a lot harder than it lot and J was really a big risk taker as she would lounge out of her comfort zone in an effort to catch moth. Fun, fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment