Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Power of a good book

The minute I saw this book at the library, I was attracted to it. It looked like a pretend play kind of a story and it is. You can find this book on Amazon.
Right after reading this fabulous book, J declared (must be really inspired) she will be making daddy and I a gift this Christmas. Later, J told daddy about her plan to make a gift, daddy says, "Are you drawing us a picture?" J says no, I will be hand making you a gift for you and it will be something your really like.

Here is a peek inside the book.

So every day, J is leading Prime and two are them are busy making us a Christmas gift. They have requested we not be in the same room as they are when they are making it. I'm surprised to see them take this so seriously. *chuckle* They have been using felt, needle, yarn and thread for material so far. I can hardly wait to see what it is they are making. :)

2 comments:

dawn klinge said...

That is great to see a book inspire so much creativity. There's another, similar book by that author about the same doll, called The Lonely Doll. It's also very cute.

Toni said...

how wonderful to be so inpsired, I bet it is something amazing they are making for you:-)