We are finally getting ready to send out the holiday cards. Last year, I did a twitter by month and this year, I asked J to write a holiday letter. After some initial grumbling and complaining of not knowing what to write, she did a great job. We had fun looking over all the posts from this year and reminiscing all that we did in 2009. I think that helped out a lot with the letter. This is one of those times I am really glad I have a blog. :)
**********************************************************************************************
Dear friends,
2009 has been very long for me. But it was fun. One of my favorite places was Kalahari. Kalahari is a place with a lot of water fun. The first slide we went on was scary to me but not scary to the rest of my family. There was also a children's slide which was not scary but fun. I also went tubing. I really like tubing. I was sad when it was almost spring and my tube got a hole. I went skiing too. I really enjoyed skiing. My mom said those boots are really warm and I need to find a pair. I tried dog sledding which was kind of fun but it was a bumpy ride.
In the summer, I went blueberry picking. I picked the most blueberries and I wanted to stay longer but my brother was hot so we had to leave. I also painted pottery mugs. I got to bring it home when it was ready. My mom and I made a ti-pee. We pretended we were Indians and we put a feather on top. When my mom was in Florida, I went to a zoo with brother and dad. Then we took a camping trip for three days. At the beach, I found seashells and I kept them in my shoes. I also liked washing my parent's car, archery, playing with my friends, and making homemade knitted doll.
This Thanksgiving, I went to visit my auntie Stacy's baby. Her name is Sarah. She is my cousin and she is very cute. I wish my mommy had another baby but she says no.
I started homeschooling after MLK's birthday. I'm liking homeschooling. It is fun. Prime is catching up on reading. He is on level two books. Happy holiday!
From: J (her name in cursive)
1 comment:
That's a very sweet letter-well done!
Post a Comment