Monday, December 7, 2009

Holiday bazaar

J and W had a busy weekend, meeting up with friends for parade watch/activities on Friday and spending sat. at our local Waldorf school for their annual holiday bazaar. Every time I go there, the paintings and drawings displayed on the walls done by the students never cease to amaze me. But the developmental stories appropriate for the grades don't work out really great for my children. It is really a mystery to me. Maybe I'm missing the bells and the candles and the puppets? That's what the Waldorf school does and my kids does really seem to enjoy those.

Anyway, the bazaar was really fun. The kids dyed their own silks, made their own wooden yo-yo, selected by themselves their own gifts and much more. What was interesting was Prime picked a gnome as a gift for himself and J also picked the same gnome to gift to Prime. Prime selected a hand crocheted flower as a gift for me and a window star plus a quartz for daddy while J chose to gift one of her friend whom we invited to come to the Waldorf school. She selected a pencil wrapped in the shape of a flower as a gift for herself.

I bought the kids 2 Haba games for the holiday. One of them was called "Chubba cheeks" and it was a huge hit. They'll play the game and then use the game pieces to play their made-up game. I'm very impressed with quality of HABA. We'll be buying more of HABA made games/toys.


Dying their silk scarf. They love to play with it. Can you guess who is who's? Do you see fairies in the first one? The kids says they do.

The romantic one (as I think it is) is Prime's while the sunny one with the lots of yellow and red is J's. They are made with 2 different techniques.


making their own yo-yo.

I just had to post this as well. Aren't they adorable?

1 comment:

5orangepotatoes said...

Made their own yo yo, how cool! And you have been to Chicago to see new cousins, how exciting. That's so cute that J wants a baby in the family. My girls aren't interested in that idea at all. J sounds to be a natural little mommy!