Wednesday, October 2, 2013

27 months update on A

A started a 2 year old program few weeks ago and I think he really likes it. He thrives having me there, seeing other children his age there, the new toys and the structure. His teachers thinks he's a sweetie, saying he looks "happy all the time". HA-HA! Well, yes, if things are going his way, and mommy gives him her full attention which does happen at the 2 years old program. It is my special time with him.

Other than that, not much else is new. Though just yesterday, I vowed to start speaking to A exclusively in Chinese after reading that in bilingual families, one should speak to the child in the foreign language exclusively. And even when the family does activities together, if I address A specifically, then I should still do it in Chinese. I was doing that but mixing a lot of English in and that didn't work too well. I think I was afraid he won't understand, but actually A understands more than he can say.

Much to my dismay and the declining health of my sanity, A is staring to skip his nap. Arghhhh!! And in Sunday school, he is refusing to stay in the room and we have been paged the last 3 times. Same thing with gym so I am taking a break but hoping to try again soon. I know it's all temporary, but it's hard.

One little success, I did "wean A off" on the ipad. He still looks at my phone a lot but not as long if I were to give him the ipad. I'm going to try to get a schedule going for A and do something similar with him like the 2 year old program. He was hooked on these plastic insects, and last time it was the bears. So that will be on his Christmas list along with a few puppets.

No comments: