Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012 by W


I like the beginning of every year because January 8th is my birthday. I have been waiting for my birthday for a long time. This year I turned 8. My best friend came over to spend the night. We played lots of games including ping pong, Connect4, Blockus, and some other games. We also watched a movie. It was one of my favorite movies, called Ninja Turtles. We went to bed about 1:00 in the morning. 

Sometimes later in January, my family and I went to Chicago for my sister’s dance convention.  We saw my uncle and my dad’s uncle. This uncle that I have is my youngest uncle. He was sixteen and his name is Joe. We found a lot of things to do and made an obstacle course. We put chairs together and jumped over them. I wished he lived closer so we can play more often. 

In the winter, there was hardly any snow so it wasn’t much fun.  A, my baby brother finally started to crawl and say simple words.  So it was fun teaching my brother stuff I know. 

This August, my dad and I started doing karate together. So far, I passed my test for white, yellow and now I’m an orange belt. I really like my karate and I’m doing well with it. My dad is helping me remember some of the moves. 

I continue to play piano and it’s going fine. Sometimes my teacher yells at me but I still like it. I started taking some classes at HSC instead of at Palaestra this year.  I take tennis, gym and mad scientist- Energy and Electricity. My tennis teacher is Mr. Bill and he is really funny. We play a lot of tennis games like toilet. My teacher throws the ball at us and we have to swing it back. If we miss, we go to the back of the line and are called toilet. He says we have to clean the toilet with our own toothbrush. This is of course all pretend.  In gym, we play a lot of games including basketball, soccer, dodge ball and kickball. My 2nd best friend is in this class with me. In Mad Scientist, we do experiments and we work with magnets. 

One of my favorite class is art.  I have been learning to draw different types of rocks. My latest drawing is a wolf on a rock. On my own, I still draw superhero. I started to draw a comic book. 

In the fall, we finally got to see our friends in Florida. First we went to Elias’s house. We spent 2 nights there. They have a pool so we spent a lot of time in the pool splashing each other in the face. We also went to Miami Beach. Then we went to another friend’s house and we stayed there for 4 nights. We spied on Jonah. He is 3. Alex and Jonah had a little fight and Alex ran and pulled down Jonah’s swimming trunk. It was hilarious!  We saw alligators up close in their natural habitat. They are not as creepy as I thought but they can jump really high. 

For Christmas, I got some clothes and a projection alarm clock. We also went to our cousin’s house. It was fun but normally Nick would play with us which would be even more fun. Unfortunately, he was sick. We got $$ for Christmas from our grandpa. 

This year was really great! I hope I will gain more muscle next year!

1 comment:

Bending Birches said...

beautiful blog here- very meaningful. Keep working at piano!
here is the website for the hairclips if you'd like to take a look:)
http://www.lillarose.biz/thehairfairy/?id=Z29SWb5P