Thursday, February 7, 2013

Toddler A just turned 20months

and his newest word, is "Mine". I think he picked it up from hanging with other children older than him.

Toddler A is still a handful, but most of the time he is delightful to be around. Most of the time, he behaves better outside than inside, esp when he is at story time. He can sit and listen with no problem as long as he can sit on me or very close to me.

He is thankfully sleeping through the night after we moved his crib into our room. And he is getting use to his afternoon nap. Usually, he does not cry any more when he needs to go to bed which is a huge relief. I usually stay in the room with him for about 10 minutes or so after I put him in the crib. He has not however, gotten used to being dropped at church and most of the time, we still get paged.

A loves to copy and copies pretty well. No is a part of his everyday vocabulary. I speak Chinese some of the times to him, so he understands some Chinese words.  His sippy cup is still his best friend. I have to remember to take it with me anytime I go out with him. The boy drinks all day. It's his major source of comfort. He has taken a real liking to a Waldorf doll I had purchased. It is stuffed with wool and it's body is made of velour. I think it is the right size for him to hold and hug. He is even willing to use blankets now when he is asleep unlike when he was younger and hated them.

Toddler A is quite adventurous. He loves this play structure place we take him to. His confidence in coming down a big slide has really grown. He even climbs on the nets. Overall, A is a very strong, active boy.

Daddy says he is full of life and you can see it in his eyes. Whatever he does, he does it wholeheartedly, whether he is crying, laughing or intensely concentrating. He likes books a lot, esp. books with babies or young children. Recently, he likes books with different textures. When he is upset, he gives himself a timeout. Then he comes back a happy boy. If we approach him before he is ready, he will be very upset and resist with all his might.

One of his favorite activity is watching super simple songs, esp. "snowflake","ten in the bed", and "alphabet song". 

He is def. very attached to mommy and likes me to be around, even if he is just watching TV. His brother and sister loves him to pieces but A don't always appreciate the many kisses they give him. Ha-ha!

No comments: