Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012 letter by J


Year of 2012
Jan
In January, my family and I went to Chicago for my dance convention called JUMP. Outside choreographers came to teach us different styles of dance. For example, Melanie Moore, winner of “So You Think You Can Dance?” taught us Jazz. The JUMP convention had tap, jazz, hip-hop, contemporary, and ballet. After the whole convention was over, I was surprised to hear my name called for a ballet scholarship!

Feb
My mom had a flu and Alex was sick.  February wasn’t fun because A screamed and never wanted W and me. It was no fun having two people sick.

Mar
A starts saying random things like da-da and ma-ma. I had my first dance competition of the year. We had great scores and even placed. I was very happy that my team and I got 1st place in Jazz and tap and 2nd place for hip-hop. My first competition is always on my dad’s birthday, March 10.

Apr
In April, A finally starts crawling. We also went to New York and Connecticut. On the way to NY, we saw the Statue of Liberty on the plane! In New York, we visited some friends, went to the American Girl store and went to Times Square to eat. We chose to eat at a place where the waitress/waiters hope to get onto Broadway. The restaurant was right next to Broadway.  They worked there and performed for the people who ate there. It took years for the food to be ready and I had to share 3 mini burgers with W which took a minute to gobble up.  Later, we drove down to Connecticut to our cousin’s house. We played water balloon fights and had lots of fun. We also went to Massachusetts to go to a museum. 

May
A had all of a sudden started climbing the stairs. I also had more competitions. One of the competitions was at Kalahari so we played in the water a lot. 

June
A started to walk so we need to start baby-proofing the house. He turned 1 on the 6th of June and had a birthday party. Lucky for me, I got to celebrate my birthday too! Only thing was it was a chilly and windy day and I forgot my jacket. I was freezing! But I got a lot of presents and many of my friends came so it was all good.


July
A is walking very well now and it is time to buy him a pair of shoes.  He starts dancing whenever he hears music. It is also my birthday! In preparation for building our own playhouse in the fall, we biked to a construction site often to watch the progress of houses being built. It was so much fun to jump into the basement and climb out of the vent.

August
We went to Florida and stayed at some friends’ house. The first house had a dog which helped Alex overcome his fear of dogs a little bit. We went to Miami with them and went to the Atlantic Ocean which was so fun! Waves rose and crashed like a natural wave pool. It was fairly shallow but my dad said not to get too far out or else a big wave could pull me away from the shore. The 2nd house had a dog and a cat. We went all over the place with them and even to church! We went to the Gulf of Mexico with them. There were many sand bars but there were a few areas where it was deep and I thought I saw an alligator so I quickly went through it. 

September
We started school and classes. I started another year of dance but this time I dance with the juniors who are mostly 12 and 13 years old. I still take jazz, hip-hop, tap and ballet. This year my dance studio started competition ballet which I’m really excited about. They also hired a former professional ballerina to teach us and her name is Nicole.  I still dream about being a ballerina. I continue to take art. We use to be able to draw anything we wanted and of course I drew a ballerina. I also chose to draw a sunset over a beach and waterfall with red rose on the corner.  But in the fall, our teacher started combining science with art. So we learned about rocks which are not my favorite. But then we started drawing geodes and I like that much better because they are beautiful and I can pick my colors. Instead of Palaestra, we started taking classes through HSC.  At HSC, I take tennis, video game design and IEW which is a writing class. Surprisingly, IEW is my favorite class. I still take piano and am learning to play many songs. A few of my favorite song are Hello Muddah! Hello Faddah and Walking on Sunshine.

October
We started building a wooden house as part of our school and also for A to play in. It was hard and complicated. It took a long time to build. Often my hands felt like they were going to fall off because it was so cold. Hammering was a challenge in the beginning but it got easier as I had more practice. I was a natural at sawing and Winston is better at hammering. My dad is a pro at hammering. On Halloween, we went to Tokyo Buffet with our friends. When we got home, our mom let us watched a movie.



November
On Thanksgiving, we went to our cousin’s house for their annual Thanksgiving party. I had a lot of yummy cheesy potatoes made by my aunt. I also went to WILD dance convention. We finally finished our house!  It’s not big enough for me to lie in by it’s a perfect size for Alex to play in. We painted it too late one night. I chose to paint the roof red and the rest of the house white. My favorite part of building this house is sawing and painting. 

December
I signed up for a nativity play at my church. I played the part of Mary. I wasn’t nervous until I realized there was no chair. Luckily, someone brought it shortly after.  The most wonderful thing that happened to me in December was winning a Kindle Fire. I prayed right before the drawing and then I heard my name. Everyone came to congratulate me and I was one embarrassed girl.  We went to our cousin’s house again for their Christmas party. My aunt made cheesy potato again and I had a lot. I had many cookies too. For Christmas, I got clothes, Lip Smacker, a Barbie doll, a huge wooden rainbow arch and lots of hair accessories. In the last few days of December, we went sledding. The only thing was I was too heavy sitting down on the saucer so my dad told me to stand up. We were snow surfing! Later my dad brought W’s snowboard for us to try. I wasn’t so good but Winston was a pro!

2012 passed way too quickly. I hope to become a super dancer in 2013. J

No comments: