This is for myself to but also for anyone interested in the topic of mastery vs. spiral discussion and also about MEP.
It all started with a post by A Peaceful day about Is MEP compatible with CM? I first read her first post on MEP when I joined the MEP yahoo group.
Then there is discussion of spiral vs. mastery by Silvia in Homeschooling in a Bilingual Home which I was really intrigued.
part I
part II
part III
which led me to Living Math! and
more about literature based math books and mathemagic
and to Susan Lemon's book on Homepreschool and Beyond
and to the post of "Math, MEP Charlotte Mason and Mastery"on Science of Relations
and to Liping Ma's book of Knowing and Teaching Elementary Mathematics: Teachers' Understanding of Fundamental Mathematics in China and the United States (studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series)
(It's interesting since she also have a Chinese language study program for children which J used in her Chinese school)
*Silvia summarized the chapter in Ma's about regarding teaching to mastery in China in part II of her post on mastery vs spiral.
1 comment:
Oh D, I LOVE this post!
Going to read the links now.
Thank you. So glad your still using MEP. We really LOVE it!
I'm enjoying your challenge posts as well.
lisa
Post a Comment