Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lemon squares

Rolling around makes me hungry for desserts. One thing I have really been craving for is lemon squares. I lost my favorite recipe but found another favorite. This one is even better since everyone loves it and finish it so fast. They might just have to make more. You can find the recipe here.

Daddy and the kids made it together. Daddy says the kids loved using the sifter. (ha- now I know where the sifter is) and that they made it exactly what the recipe called for except for the sugar. He put less sugar than the recipe called for but it was still DELICIOUS.

Prime worked hard using the lemon squeezer and had a 1st taste experience of pure lemon juice. I don't think he'd recommend it to anyone by the expression of his face (too bad I didn't have a camera on hand) but he did mix his own lemonade and when asked how it tastes, says, "it's just right". :)

3 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Oh, I love lemon squares! Sounds like it was a fun time making them.

Lisa said...

Yum! Lemon squares. I love any sweet with lemon in it. I will have to try the recipe. Thanks for the link.

Lisa ;)

Toni said...

lemon squares ar eyummy and nothing says summer more then fresh lemons:-)Wonderful that everyone is pitching in to take care of you:-)