Baby A is 11 months old now. His newest discovery is the sandbox. We have one right out on the deck and it's a favorite for all the kids. A enjoys the sandbox as along as I'm out there with him. Once I start to leave even if his sister/brother are out there, he'll yell for attention. But if I try to pick him up from the sandbox, he won't want to leave. It's interesting to see see how he communicates. We'll do this couple time and usually after the 3rd time, he comes to me willing out of the sand box.
With regards to the stairs, it is interesting how each baby acts differently. I don't remember too much about J, only that she was afraid of coming down the stairs. Maybe it's because she is able to walk earlier than A and W. With W, he was fearless and before he can walk, he came down the stairs easily backwards. I don't know how he learned to do that, but it was easy for him. Shortly after, he started to slide backwards down and that was scary to watch. Good thing our stairs had a middle flat area and that slowed things down. Now A, he wants to come down the stairs the way we do it. So even though he can't balance himself yet, let alone walk, his preferred way is to sit on the stair and then scoot down while holding rail for some support.
A is also very musical. He loves the piano and whenever the older kids are playing on it, he will for sure want to play too. Oh, yes, W just started piano lessons and so far he's loving it and practice often. Back to A, he loves any toy that makes music and tries to stand up and wiggle. So even though I was initially little hesitant about these kind of electronic toy, seeing how much he loves them, I brought him a little telephone that plays music. Often times, that is the only toy that can entertain him for short time. So far, A is not very interested in books but wants whatever book we are looking at. I guess that is pretty normal.
He is also a voracious eater. For example, this morning he drank 5 oz of formula, 2 baby cookies, 1/2 jar of fruit/yogurt, 1 egg, some green puffs, 2 dried dates and a little whip cream. This is after he drank 8 oz of formula at 3:40 in the morning. Seems like a lot of food for a little person.
I have been trying to teach A some sign language. Two he is good at is "more" and "milk". I'm also trying to show him "out" but his way is to fuss. And yesterday, we took him for the 3rd time to Cookie Cutters to get a hair cut. Poor baby was crying the whole entire time even though I held his hand and kissed him the whole time. He didn't fight like I thought he might have, but just cried and protested very loudly. The tears were flying and in the end, his eyes was semi swollen. He held still so at least it wasn't hard for the stylist to cut his hair. As soon he was done and I held him, he stopped crying.
With A, homeschooling the kids has been very trying. Only time I can really work with kids is when A is napping and that is usually after lunch. This is always when I personally need a nap after taking care of him in the morning. We are also missing park/gym days in the afternoon with other homeschool children because A only naps well in his crib. Thank God for one of my friend who takes J/W along with her kids to the park to play after the art class. Otherwise, he will nap for only a brief time and that will be it for the day. Well, we do our best given the circumstance.
No comments:
Post a Comment