First I got the flu, then a bacteria infection, and finally a bad cold all accompanied with a fever. Now baby A, I don't know if it is because he is nursing or not, but he also got a cold and an infection along with a fever. So as expected, he has been crabby and more needy than usual. I can tell he's really tired since he's sleeping more than usual. He's still pretty feisty through the sickness, whacking at the bottle to tell me he's had enough so he's a fighter. Daddy sometimes is the only one who have success putting him to sleep. Because I was sick too, so daddy has been getting up a lot to take care of baby A and the bond between them is growing strong. :) Sure hope he can get well soon. Even though baby A is almost 9 months, he's not crawling, only scooting back. I'm not too concerned, all in good time.
As is usual around this time of the year, I'm on the hunt for homeschool resources for the next school year, taking into account now I have less time to spent with J/W. At the same time, there are certain areas I feel we can do better and make the experience better for everyone. This year, esp. for me, I feel I lost the joy of homeschooling. So I'm hoping to find it again. I do however, have to remember to give myself a lot of grace as we did have a new baby this school year; and an extra challenging baby at that, not like J/W. They are my 'textbook' baby, though W was sick a lot during his first year of life.
Anyway, I feel I'm doing the best I can given the circumstances. I have a lot I need to pray for. But one thing I came away from this year is I will still continue to homeschool J/W and spend more time in prayer/reading God's words. When I shared my insecurities with one of my friend, she said, that is the enemy-aka Satan- talking to you. First I didn't think too much of it, and then I realized how right she is. Glad my kids are firm in their commitment of wanting to stay with me. Thanks, J/W!
No comments:
Post a Comment