Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why Chinese Mothers are Superior....WSJ article

My friend forwarded me this interesting article...definitely has some points in regard to cultural differences, though some are on the extreme side. ThoughI think some of the beliefs are partly due to the economic state of China and being an immigrant in another country, i.e. survival of the fittest.

It explains sometimes why I have a hard time over riding my own cultural background while living in the States and reading about schools like Sudbury Valley or some of the other alternative schools. I still believe there needs to be a balance in everything though balance can certainly be elusive at times.

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Thanks for your insight on this article. I read it, too, with a great deal of interest since my daughter has a Chinese mother somewhere out there. Sometimes I wonder what her birth mother would think of my parenting style.