Friday, August 20, 2010

End of our "light" school

Today is the last day our last "light" school but the key pieces of our rhythm for the coming school year is well established.

Get up
Breakfast
Outside walk/yoga stretches or games
Math practice alternating with form drawing (to be replaced with MEP math next week)
Grammar /handwriting
break somewhere when they ask or need a snack
Sonlight (history through literature/ bible reading)
Lunch
Free time
Language (Chinese/Spanish)
Project

Next week, we will add science, music, and CC. We have done a couple of Aesop fables and read a few Saint's stories from Christopherus 2nd grade book and done some drawing/writing so we will continue to sprinkle that in. We will also continue with form drawing. Then once homeschool classes begins, we will also have that. But I'm excited about this school year. This year I'm going to keep track of our school days and have a daily journal of what we do so that I can use that to reflect for next year.

No comments: