Saturday, January 23, 2010

simple pleasures

Lately, J/Prime has been enjoying some simple pleasures all by themselves.

1. Dance !
I bought few favorite worship cds thinking it would be good for our family worship and bible study. But unexpectedly it inspired so much dance from the kids. Whenever they feel like it, the start the cd and start to dance all on their own. They have been dancing like crazy and thoroughly enjoying themselves in large part due to J's leadership. They would dance individually in different parts of the song and then would come together to dance together. J's been directing Prime and doing some choreography with him. Now she says she really enjoys dance and I don't even have to ask her to practice. Ha! (Both kids are a little shy and they dance most freely when they think no one is watching them esp. Prime but I have been videotaping them a little here and there because it's just so fun to watch them.)

2. Writing love notes.
One day my hubby left me a few love notes unexpectedly and that inspired the kids to write love/gratitude love notes to us. They were so excited writing these notes and finding places to stick them. They wrote so many of them and for a few days, I found these notes everywhere and had to tell them to go easy on these. :) Of course, I loved reading them and I will always treasure them. This was also great a writing practice for Prime and J thorough enjoyed helping him with spelling.

3. Independent painting.
I was having a headache so I let the kids loose with painting with no supervision. They used regular paints, the kind that is ready to go in a bottle and construction paper. They put the paints actually in paper cups and shared very nicely. When they finished, they cleaned up and J even put saran wrap over the paper cups to save the paint and put all the cups in a gift bag. I was really surprised and so proud of her. So that was one project I didn't have to lift a finger and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I'm thinking they'll have to do more of these kind of projects! :)

J's Prime's

No comments: