Tuesday, May 14, 2013

23 months

Well, here we are at 23 months, can't believe little man is almost 2.

You know how I wrote last month Mr. A is potty trained, well, he's regressing. I guess that is quite normal but nonetheless frustrating. For a while, not sure why (though could think of couple different reasons, i.e. too much to drink, acting out, don't feel like it, etc), but he kept wetting his pants. Then it got really bad and he even did #2 in his underwear. Argghhhhh! But slowly we are getting back on track again. For a while, since he doesn't tell me he wants to go, I started to ask him if he needs to go, and his response is always, "No thanks!" But then couple minutes later, he pees in his pants and then comes to tell me he peed with a sorry look on his face like he know he shouldn't have. So now I watch his drink intake carefully, even if I am home. And today, happily, other than 1 accident in the morning, while we were out and for the rest of the day, he is dry.

A victory for me is A can stay in his room and play for up to 30 minutes by himself so that is wonderful progress and lets me take a shower in the morning without needing J/W to watch him or in the afternoon when he skipped his nap. He sets the timer himself, and a lot of times, it is like 40 minutes so I set it back to 30minutes. But I'm hoping to extend that little longer.

Now sleeping is still an issue for A. He is still quite unpredictable when it comes to nap time.  A lot of times, if I drive around for longer than 25 minutes, there is serious danger he will fall asleep in the car even if it is 9 in the morning! Needless to say, if he naps like 20 minutes, then the noon-early afternoon is gone. Then he might nap at 5pm. And if we stay home, he will usually sleep his normal time which is around 11:45-1:00 some where in there he will fall asleep. But he always wants someone to stay with him until he falls asleep and that is what I'm trying to change. For a little while, he was all good and would let us go if we asked him and fall sleep by himself but that only lasted for 4-5 days. So I think it is still possible, just gotta keep trying.

He is still quite wary of stranger but will sometimes say hi and most of the time say bye. For children similar his age, if he initiates, then it's no problem. A lot of times he likes to copy other children, esp. children who are little older and join in the fun. Mostly it is if the children are running, or playing with some toy. Like this pass weekend, at a conference, he found a few children from another family and just joined in the fun. They were playing cars on a handicap ramp and had a blast. He must getting used to our church since he hardly ever cries when we drop him off. When he turns 2 he will be in a different room with different volunteers and hopefully it will be smooth transition. If other children initiates, then it depends on his mood.

Naturally, A likes me the best since I spend the most time with him. But he also LOVES his brother and copies off him. With his sister, it depends on his mood. A will give kisses but with the exception of mommy, he is not always in the mood for receiving kisses. He gets quite upset, wipes away the spot you kissed him and tells you NO!

A loves books! One of his favorite books is called "Giving Tree". Another new favorite is " My no no no day". This one it is easy to see why he likes it since he can relate. But I would not have guessed the first one. His new thing with toys is he likes cars, little match box sized car, little wind up cars. Oh, and balls,kick, throw, and dropping ball onto ramp to watch it go down and then do it again/again. Most other toys he is not very interested in. He will do puzzles but mostly he wants to do what we do.  So I have been careful not to be on electronics when A is around. Before, his favorite toy was my phone where he checks out the videos/ and pictures I take of him.

Anyway, A def. got a lot of personality. Enjoying him a lot, fun and challenges in all. Oh, and he def. knows how to get his away with those tears at his beck and call.


No comments: