Friday, December 21, 2012

First illness for Mr. A

Just this past week, Mr. A had I think is mostly a cold. I think he got it from his sister J. Heck, I was even really sick for a day, the kind I couldn't get up for anything. So I just slept and took some medicine.

Anyway, back to Mr. A. He ran a fever, for a day or two, and then was just mostly lethargic for the next couple days. He wanted to be held a lot, like almost the whole day. But sometimes, for no apparent reason, he'll push you away and scream with all his might for like 5 minutes. If you try to hold him or even approach him, he gets even more mad, hits you and pushes you. Then after some time, we try again and he wants to be held again. So this will go on for many times in day. Of course, for naps, he won't take one unless daddy or I are sleeping with him. He slept with us in the night. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep. During his illness, he really did not want his sibling, J or W and gets mad even if they look at him or stands too close. Thankfully, he's getting better and more back to his old self. He's really been sweet with me, holding me and giving me those cheek touches and loving to held.

It has been a really trying year with Mr. A. The good news is it is getting better. The last few days, he even took his nap at about the same time for which I'm very thankful. Not very long naps, but looks like he's transitioning to afternoon nap. Hopefully, it's the beginning of something that will stay. Now, we just have to work on that scream.

P.S His new favorite thing is sitting on our pool table and play with the balls.  Daddy says  he's also learning a little physics by playing Chinese checkers. The board is set up where the balls only can come out in one slot so Mr A pushes the stream of balls in the slots and out they come, one at a time.

No comments: